Sunnyvale Department of Public Safety Page Updated on 9/2/2010
The Department of Public Safety Fire and Environmental Services Unit is the Certified Unified Program Agency (CUPA) for the City of Sunnyvale. The focus of our program is the prevention of hazardous materials discharges that may adversely effect community safety or the environment. Local ordinances and State code provide the authority and direction for this permitting and inspection program.
As a CUPA the Fire and Environmental Services Unit is responsible for implementation of the following environmental program elements:
- Hazardous Waste Generator Inspection (CA H&S Code, Chapter 6. 5)
- Hazardous Waste Tiered Permitting (CA H&S Code, Chapter 6.5)
- Underground Storage Tank Permitting and Inspection (CA H&S Code, Chapter 6.7)
- Aboveground Tank Storage (CA H&S Code, Chapter 6.67)
- Hazardous Materials Business Plans (CA H&S Code, Chapter 6.95)
- California Accidental Release Prevention Plans (CA H&S Code, Chapter 6.95)
In addition, the Unit implements local ordinances regulating hazardous materials storage and the safe use and storage of toxic gases.
A consolidated Fire and Environmental Services Permit is issued to a Sunnyvale business after submittal of an approved application (HMBP or Registration Form), a field inspection to confirm compliance and payment of applicable fees.
|To Submit Documents
||For More Information
|Sunnyvale Department of Public Safety
Fire Prevention and Hazardous Materials
P.O. Box 3707
700 All America Way
Sunnyvale, CA 94088-3707
Visit the Sunnyvale Public Safety Main Fire Prevention/Hazmat page, Hazardous Materials Program web page, or contact us directly.