Mountain View Fire Department
Page Updated on 9/7/2010
Participating Agency (PA)
Mountain View Fire Department administers the following programs:
- California Fire Code (with local amendments)
- Hazardous Materials Storage Ordinance (Municipal Code)
- Toxic Gas Ordinance (Municipal Code)
- Industrial Pretreatment Program (Municipal Code or Code of Federal Regulators 40)
- Urban Runoff Program (Municipal Code)
As a Participating Agency (PA), the Department also administers the following Hazardous Materials related state programs:
- Hazardous Materials Business Plans (California Health and Safety Code Chapter 6.95)
- Underground Storage Tanks (California Health and Safety Code Chapter 6.7)
- Aboveground Storage Tanks (California Health and Safety Code Chapter 6.67)
- Tiered Permitting Program (California Health ad Safety Code Chapter 6.5)
Santa Clara County Health Department is the Certified Unified Program Agency (CUPA) and administers the Hazardous Waste Generator Program, and the Risk Management Program (California Health and Safety Code Chapter 6.95).
Inspections required by these programs are usually pre-scheduled and can be coordinated on request by contacting either Mountain View Fire Department or the County Health Department.